Rocket Productions

District lockdown implemented as law enforcement apprehends suspect near campus

USD394 schools went into lockdown on Monday after report of a suspect near the campus.

The Rose Hill School District was placed on a brief lockdown shortly after noon on Monday, October 15. The lockdown lasted five minutes once Butler County Law Enforcement determined the area on the campus was safe.

clipart.com

Micah Streeter, Editor-In-Chief, The Rocket Press

At 12:35pm on Monday, October 15 the USD 394 school district went into lockdown mode after reports that local law enforcement were pursuing a person one mile west of the high school, according to an official announcement by the district’s Twitter account and a recorded phone call made by assistant superintendent, Brad Keirns.

The lockdown was lifted five minutes after its instigation when police apprehended the person in question.

“Students and staff are all safe,” read the district’s tweet. “The lockdown has been lifted. Schools are operating normally.”

Assistant Superintendent Kierns’ recorded phone call was sent to all parents, students and staff in the district. It described the events of the lockdown and made clear that all students and staff were and remain very safe.

According to high school principal, Shannon Haydock, this was the first time in five or six years the Rose Hill School District was forced to be into lockdown.

Later in the day, another message was sent on behalf of Superintendent Randal Chickadonz to the district staff, parents and students in regards to the state’s new crisis drills and USD 394’s commitment to safety of its students and staff.

Check back with rocketproductions.net in the coming weeks for further details about the state’s new regulations on fire, tornado and crisis drills.

About the Writer
Micah Streeter, Content Director, Channel 7 News/FAKE NEWS; Editor-In-Chief, The Rocket Press

I am the content director of Channel 7 News and FAKE NEWS, as well as the editor-in-chief of The Rocket Press. This is my third year at Rocket Productions....