Rettinger to leave at the conclusion of school year

Kari Rettinger, a third year teacher at the high school, recently announced this would be her final year at Rose Hill. Rettinger’s husband accepted a position in Texas, where they will be living after the school year is over. 

Rettinger reflected on her three years, and how Rose Hill will always have an impact on her. 

“Rose Hill has meant more to me than I could really put into words,” Rettinger said. “Mr. Haydock took a chance on me right out of college and I have been so grateful for that opportunity ever since. I have learned so much over the last three years and had an amazing experience doing what I love, teaching. Rose Hill will always hold a big place in my heart, because this is where my journey began.”

Principal Shannon Haydock shared that Rettinger’s impression left on Rose Hill will be one to always remember. 

“Mrs. Rettinger was a first-time teacher when she came to Rose Hill,” Haydock said. “She taught through some extraordinary times and had a positive impact on her students. Mrs. Rettinger collaborated within her department and helped adopt our new ELA curriculum. Her outlook on life is contagious and it spilled over to her students and colleagues. Mrs. Rettinger has grown into a true professional in the teaching field and believes in the sanctity of being a life-long learner. She will be difficult to replace but we wish her the very best in her future endeavors.” 

Since 2020, a large number of students have passed through the high school, and the first group Rettinger taught had the biggest effect on her and her first year. 

“My favorite memory at Rose Hill was my first year at graduation because I got to see my first year of students graduate,” Rettinger said. “It was very special to see, because of how much kindness that group of students showed me.”