Stuco executive officers elected

The 2023-2024 Student Council elections recently took place for the four executive officer positions. Hayden Swope, Dawson McNaul, Alexa Marshall, and Lucas Shropshire will all step into the positions next year. 

Swope said her main objective going into next year is making her mark as president

“Walking into my senior year I knew I wanted to make a difference,” President Hayden Swope said. “I had been in StuCo since third grade, and being Student Body President had always been a dream of mine. Dawson and I both wanted the position, and we knew figuring out who would be the next President would be difficult. I can definitely say Mrs. Evans played a big role in figuring this out, and she was a big support to Dawson and I. I have big shoes to fill after Jack Hensley’s successful year, and I can only hope I’m as great a President as him. I plan to put my heart into every decision I make, and I can’t wait to benefit the students and staff.” 

Making his class’s senior year the best it can be will be McNaul’s primary objective.

“It is really cool to be recognized by my peers and to be in this position,” Vice President Dawson McNaul said. “I plan to make the most of this opportunity and make our senior year the best I can. I also look forward to working with all of the students and hopefully making a positive impact on as many of them as I can.” 

Marshall said making the environment at the high school even better is something she wants to focus on.

“It really does mean a lot to me to have been elected as Student Council secretary,” Secretary Alexa Marshall said. “I am looking forward to helping in Stuco even more throughout the upcoming school year, and am excited about getting the opportunity to help make the school environment even better for our students and school community. I think it will also be a great learning experience for me as well, which I am also excited about.”

Shropshire felt like he has now made it as a student at Rose Hill High School after being elected.

“It feels as if I have fully belonged in Rose Hill,” Treasurer Lucas Shropshire said. “I felt like I wouldn’t have expected to belong in Rose Hill. Not even my parents thought I would fit in but I’ve exceeded both mine and their expectations. I would like to thank everyone who voted for me and those who made me feel like I belonged here.”